Monday 11 January 2016

Playing with Hippies

I took Delambri from the Hippy Norn's Hangout, added in some Forest Norn genes, LummoxJR's active antibody genes, and a couple of genes for homeostasis (hot and cold cancelling each other out, same with loneliness and crowdedness). I added in the 'die of old age gene' (only present in the Forest and Ron norns) but left the IV antioxidant capable of extending the norns' lifespan. 

As Lis suggested, I installed the Grendel Friendly cob, along with several toys, food items, etc. 


The norn tangle was intense.

Spreading out now.
I hatched eight norns in the beginning, and I think this was a bit of a mistake - the norn tangle was intense, and even though some norns escaped it, some remained pretty much stationary in the kitchen for a long time.  Luckily, hotness is one of the drives which the hippy norn does not use its life force to reduce - an explanation that Lis gives is that they are just too "blissed out" to be bothered moving. 

My first death occurred at 5 hours and 35 minutes, of old age.  I'm not sure why Hans prematurely aged, but I suspect it was something to do with how the Purple Mountain genes for stress interacted with his hippy nature, or a deleterious mutation.  After this, I kept a more watchful eye on the 'ageing toxin', which controls life stage and life span in C1 norns. 

It was difficult for me to help these norns in time - if I was alerted by a slightly lower life force (commonly, hippy life force can be at 99 or 100%), for example, something in the 70s, 60s, or even 40s and 20s, by the time I looked in the health kit, their metabolism had often reduced the drive enough so that I didn't know what was wrong.  Often, a quick push of the ball, or a go on the Encyclopaedia Nornica would solve their woes, but sometimes it wouldn't.  Then I would follow Lis's advice to spank them a bit and then tickle them, so that they would be explicitly having a drive reduced.  (I wonder if the half-life of a drive might have something to do with it?)

If you'd like to try out some hippy norns in your world, why not try one of mine?
Download Edelweiss at TCR!

No comments:

Post a Comment